Manners when visiting the villages
Please remember that there are people living in the village. Thus, please respect their privacy and follow proper manners while you enjoy exploring around.
- Since there are no public trash cans, please take home any trash you may have.
- If you smoke, please do so within designated areas and do not smoke and walk at the same time or litter cigarette butts.
- Please never under any circumstances trespass, enter any crop field, peek into people’s homes, or open any doors to people’s homes without permission.
- Please use designated restrooms only.
- When you walk in the street, please do not take up the entire street and always walk within the shoulders of the roads.
Give prior notice before visiting the churches
When you wish to visit the churches listed below, please contact the relevant organisations and give them prior notice via their websites. Please note that, owing to a large number of visitors or due to religious events inside the churches, there are times when it may not be possible for you to visit. However, you can visit Oura Cathedral without prior notification.
‘Hidden Christian Sites in the Nagasaki Region’ Information Centre is in charge of visits to the following churches
- Sakitsu Church
- Shitsu Church
- Ono Church
- Kuroshima Church
- Kashiragashima Church
- Former Gorin Church
- Egami Church
|Hidden Christian Sites in the Nagasaki Region Information Centre(Churches in Nagasaki Information Centre)|
|Address||Dejima-Wharf 2nd floor, 1-1-205, Dejimamachi, Nagasaki City, 850-0862|
|Opening hours||9:30 to 17:30|
Ojika Island Tourism is in charge of visits to the following church
|Ojika Island Tourism|
|Address||2791-13 Fuefukigo, Ojika Town, Kitamatsuura District, 857-4701 (within the Ojika Port Terminal)|
|Opening hours||9:00 to 18:00|
Code of etiquette
A church is a place of prayer. When visiting, you are kindly requested to observe the code of etiquette and respect the church’s spiritual atmosphere.
- Please remove your hat and respect the church’s spiritual atmosphere.
- Please do not touch any statues or other items within the church.
- Please do not enter the chancel (the area surrounding the altar and marked by an altar rail).
- Please do not eat, drink or smoke within the church.
- Please do not take photos inside the church.
- Please refrain from entering the church to sightsee when a Mass or other religious ceremony is being held.
- Thank you for your donation towards the preservation of the church. Offertory boxes are set inside the church.
Access to the components of the property
Please refer to the website of ‘Hidden Christian Sites in the Nagasaki Region Information Centre’ for information of the access to the components.
Sightseeing model courses, hotels, etc.
For information of sightseeing model courses, hotel reservation and more, please refer to the website ‘Visit Nagasaki’